Blog Description

the lowdown before, during, and after Sarah Yale's volunteer venture abroad

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

October Habari (News)

Habari gani, everyone?

My hobbies, as of late:

1. Planning my meals and rest around the ingestion of typhoid pills (supplementing the array of vaccinations I already received the week prior, including, but not limited to, polio and yellow fever… yum)
2. Reading other people’s travel blogs, so as to make sure mine isn’t too crappy/inane
3. Learning and drawing up note cards for such important Swahili vocabulary and phrases as “the boy under the table” (mvulana chini ya meza) and “the woman in the car” (mwanamke katika gari)

Just living the dream, people. My wish list, meanwhile, includes more hours in the day, more room in my brain, and more time with the ones I love. Not to mention, of course, more cash money in my bank account. Not a lot, you know… just a little, because ‘more money, more problems,’ and I’m just not into that. But a little wouldn’t hurt, as we just dropped mad cash for my round-trip Africa plane tickets this past week.

Which leads me to this update: 15 more days of work and 4.5 weeks until I fly to Africa (seriously), with 2 days of travel time total (one stop in London and another in Nairobi, Kenya, before I land at the Kilimanjaro airport in Tanzania). Inconceivable. Naam!

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! The count down is on and I've saved your blog to my favorites so I can check on you, my adventursome little cuz.
    XO
    Katie

    ReplyDelete