Blog Description

the lowdown before, during, and after Sarah Yale's volunteer venture abroad

Friday, November 5, 2010

I'm on my way!

Friends, family, and other followers! The day has come and gone... I am officially on my way to Africa -- in London, specifically, at the moment. International travel and I are actually getting along pretty well right now... and by "getting along pretty well," I mean "we're pretty much best friends." Everything has been on time, moved quickly, and been relatively painless (considering I have no phone, laptop, or even a crappy watch).

Example A, I am currently using the internet for free. Some girl I was sitting next to freely offered up her remaining minutes on the computer she was using. AWESOME.

Example B, since I (until just now) have no form of communicating with home that I am alive and well, I decided to send some postcards to the fam. Upon walking into a chocolate shop (which always seems like the safest place in the world to me) in the international terminal to ask where I could buy some stamps, the guy behind the counter promptly coughed up THREE FREE STAMPS and then gave me detailed directions to the nearest mailbox. AMAZING.

I like the world and the world likes me!
Today. For now. I probably just jinxed it.

Off to Nairobi, then on to Tanzania!

Love from a London layover,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment